Tuesday, December 15, 2015

opulent fat immaculate




XV

mute mammary, my cup is empty.
nothing but empty
for hour after hour day after day.

raised Catholic 
my once wanted to be a nun self  
thinks of Mary,

pregnant by God
or some anonymous Roman
occupier toughing her
at a well,

i ache to prostrate my bloated,
self, collapse
at her plaster feet and entreat
anything resembling milk. 
i could be a new Lourdes, 

liquid rich and miraculous
and I can leave by my pathetic
prosthetic pump

and swim away letting
rivers. 

i'm alone—i’m
not in some French
grotto pasting myself
with mud.  i’m so God
damned dry in this antiseptic

place i don’t even feel
the tingled let-down, the thin gilded
liquid drip down my nipple.  still
somewhere on the edge with Mary
i grope my clay

dissolving, and that thick ring
of colostrum
the size of a Jefferson nickle is all
i want.
opulent fat, immaculate,
i touch it
to my lips.  what else, since
you're sedated
ninety miles away,
to do with it?





No comments:

Post a Comment